Part # D780-0001A
Heat is the enemy of performance. Keep temps down and performance will go up as a result of increased efficiency. It's really as simple as that.
Further testing focused on the heat exchanger produced the optimized design you see before you. With 60% more volume and 19% more face area than stock along with being a whopping 40mm thick (stock is 24mm), it becomes quickly apparent how heat soak is averted with the improved setup. While the unit could be physically thicker the 40mm dimension was ultimately chosen with consideration of airflow requirements of the main radiator which is located directly behind the heat exchanger. A thicker core would diminish airflow and sacrifice normal engine cooling which would be potentially detrimental to the long term health of the engine. The increased physical stature of the heat exchanger allows a reduction in water temperatures to the intercooler an average of 9° across the RPM range. The colder water entering the intercooler then improves is efficiency and allows the intake air to be cooled by an additional 6° average across the RPM range compared to the stock unit. The reduction in intake air results in an impressive 10 HP and 20 ft-lb of torque gain without any changes in the engine tune. The cooling unlocks some significant additional power when paired with the stage 3 DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner (where applicable).
- More Power: Consistent +10 HP / +20 LB-FT of torque on the stock engine tune
- 60% more core volume & 19% more face area than stock
- 40mm thick Dinan cooler vs. 24mm thick stock cooler
- 9° average water termperature reduction to the intercooler across the RPM range. Colder water improves intercooler efficiency and allows the intake air to be cooled by an additional 6° average across the RPM range compared to stock
- Significant reduction in tendency to heat soak
- Rubber mounted for vibration isolation
- Track tested to ensure consistent performance under extreme conditions
This part is legal for sale or use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles, and Racing Use Only Vehicles because it does not affect vehicle emissions and is not covered by emissions regulations.