Stainless Steel - Black Tips - G80/G82/G83
Part # D660-0093-BLK
The G8x M3/M4 is arguably superior in every category to its predecessor but in most, if not all, circles the biggest downfall of the platform is in the sound department. Like the F8x before it with the S55, the S58 in the current generation leaves a lot to be desired. While a step in the right direction from its forerunner the stock vocals still carry far too much rasp that do not fully articulate the refined aggressiveness typical of the brands signature performance models. Dinan corrects this weakness with a valved axle back exhaust system that elevates the tone to a deeper, more meaningful note while also delivering an extra level of amplification above and beyond its stock counterpart. Coupled with the optional middle exhaust / x-pipe for the platform an even louder, smoother, and fuller soundtrack is possible.
- Maximum gains of +6 HP and +5 lb-ft of torque
- Enjoyably louder, sportier sound
- Drone abatement technologies used to reduce cabin resonance
- Four, diffuser filling, 4.5-inch (114mm) double-walled, black ceramic coated clamp-on tips with laser engraved Dinan logo
- Larger diameter piping for increased flow (76mm vs. 70mm)
- 6-pounds lighter than the stock axle back (Stock: 44-pounds vs. Dinan: 38-pounds)
- Stock exhaust valve actuators reused, and operation of exhaust valve is unchanged so exhaust tone can be adjusted via the M-drive settings
- Computer controlled exhaust valves are retained and limit noise during low-speed driving and open fully during high-load conditions
- 100% 304 Stainless Steel construction
- Factory-like fitment with included mounting hardware
This part is legal for sale or use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles, and Racing Use Only Vehicles because it does not affect vehicle emissions and is not covered by emissions regulations.